Kollywood Actress Asin Biography 2011
Posted by classiindia on October 13, 2010
Name: Asin Thottumkal
Screen Name: Asin
Nick Name: Malabar Ahzagi, Tamil Ammayee
Date of Birth: 26 Oct, 1985
Birth Place: Hyderabad
Profession: Dancer, Stage compere, Actress, model, business woman
Mother tongue: Malayalam
Languages: Can read, write and speak in Malayalam, Tamil and French. Can only speak Telugu.
Parents: Father: Joseph Thotumkal, former CBI officer
Mother: Dr.Shelin, Surgeon in Kerala Govt hospital
Education: Schools: Naval public school,Cochin and St.Teresa’s Hr.Sec.School
College: B.A.(literature) from St.Teresa ‘s college, Cochin
Modeled: in at least 60 advertisements
Entry into tamil films: Director Jeeva after seeing her in ‘Aircel’ advertisement invited her to act in his film
Debut: *Tamil: M.Kumaran, S/O Mahalakshmi
Malayalam: ‘Narendran Magan Jayakanthan’ directed by Sathyan Anthikad
Telugu: ‘Amma, Naanna, O Tamil Ammayi’
Favourites: * Singers: Balamurali Krishna, P.Susheela, Janet Jackson
Spots: all places in Kerala
Attire: Jeans and Shirts
Farmhouse: owns Vagmon a lovely hill station in Kerala
Dam: A dam near her home is named as Asin dam
ASIN’S: Her company deals with anything from hospital equipments, software, furniture etc.
Desire: Likes to try her luck in the Civil service exams. Wants to prove that film people can also excel in academics.
Respects: Nadiya for her simplicity
Loves: to gaze at the water
Singing: Harris Jayaraj had given her an opportunity to sing but she was not able to do because of her busy schedule.
Shopping: finishes all her shopping abroad and avoids at home
Influential people: Her grandmother Mary, Mother Theresa and her mother.
Favourite food: Fresh water fish and Kerala rice
Hates: Smoking and smokers
Address: Marine drive, Kochi, Kerala
Awards: * Won the ‘best young entrepreneur’ award when she was only 14 years old.
* Best Actress, Filmfare award for the telugu film ‘Amma, Naanna, O Tamil Ammayi’
Facts: * She is a voracious reader.
* At age four she created a record by dancing non-stop for four hours.
* Asin means pure or blemishless
* One of the songs for the film M.Kumaran, S/O Mahalakshmi was filmed in the farmhouse owned by her family.
* Her father wanted to name her Mary after her grandmother.
* She was not able to act in the film ‘Shahjahan’ with Vijay due to date problems.
* Only child to her parents.
* Comes from a very wealthy family.
* Is a good bharata natyam and Kathakali dancer
* Director Fazil wanted to introduce her first in malayalam films.